About Hands on Stanzas

Hands on Stanzas, the educational outreach program of the Poetry Center of Chicago places professional, teaching Poets in residence at Chicago Public Schools across the city. Poets teach the reading, discussion, and writing of poetry to 3 classes over the course of 20 classroom visits, typically from October through April. Students improve their reading, writing, and public speaking skills, and participating teachers report improved motivation and academic confidence. You can contact Cassie Sparkman, Director of the Hands on Stanzas program, by phone: 312.629.1665 or by email: csparkman(at)poetrycenter.org for more information.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

3rd Grade I am poems

Brian G.

I am the shine in a child's eye
I am the hot sun burning space rocks
I am the earth giving every person space and air
I am the light of a Christmas light
I am the life of the earth
I am the shark that eats fish
I am the astronaut in space
I am the snow that plops on the ground
I am the heaven's light shining on people.

Alberto O.

I am thunder roaring in the sky
I am rain and hail falling down hard
I am the wind blowing really strong I knocked down some trees
I am lightening striking bright in the sky
I am lightening striking 10 houses
I am lightening striking trees
I am lightening striking cable wires
I am lightening hitting streets
I am lightening hitting grasses
I am lightening hitting cars

Carina R.

I am the light that brightens up your day
I am the rain that waters you garden
I am the monkey who lives in the forest
I am a cat who is cat woman
I am a snowman who is freezing.

No comments: